Creative direction and project management for A/V, digital assets, packaging and print for home entertainment and consumer products. A proven track record of managing creative projects from start to finish, firsthand and through teams, keeping creative execution on strategy and getting projects finished on time and budget. Solid verbal and written communication skills, and ability to think strategically to solve problems, achieve operational goals and meet business objectives. A kind and encouraging leader and thoughtfully contributing team member who excels in a complex, fast-paced environment.
Executive Director, Creative Services
2014 – Present
- Oversee Creative Services team of 15: 3 in operations, 5 in-house packaging design and production, 4 in visual merchandising, 1 in digital asset management and 2 in retouching.
- We deliver artwork for global product, packaging, visual merchandising, in-store, events, training/education, online and social, 1,700 projects in FY17
- Work with the brand president and our VPs to establish creative priorities for the brand and execute them through creative services
- Assign projects to design and production teams, strategize with them on process and track project progress, clearing roadblocks and securing high-level approvals
- Identify and manage internal and external resources to optimize workload and ensure deliverable requests and deadlines are met
- Rebalance and reprioritize team workloads weekly, bringing in temp and permanent headcount where necessary
- Replaced a patchwork 15-user creative request and tracking system with a global creative request and project management system and implemented Smashbox’s first global digital asset management system and brought on the first DAM to Smashbox
- Established and taught file architecture, file naming conventions, and best practices for use of the DAM system, assisted sister brands in establishing their own DAM systems.
- Work with Estee Lauder Corporate creative operations to identify and refine best practices
- Host sessions on DAM and project management for global roundtables and meetings
Completed a highly successful #bingtobasel cross-country publicity tour from Culver City to Art Basel in Miami, in 6 days driving a 1974 Eldorado. We distributed 3,000 tubes of lipstick on the way, made friends, posts and memories with thousands of Smashbox fans, and made it onto Miley Cyrus’ Instagram.
Manager, Worldwide Creative Services, Kids
WARNER BROTHERS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
2008 – 2014
- Creative Direction & Project Management of DVD and collectible product - key art, menus & packaging, trailers & TV spots digital, online and print advertising
- Entrusted with Warner Home Entertainment’s top kids franchises: DC Comics: Batman, Superman, Justice League, Green Lantern, Super Friends, feature length made-for-video DC Universe releases; Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, Smurfs, Steven Spielberg’s Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and many more.
- Worked closely with creative agencies, writers, editors, producers, talent, and individual artists, to create compelling spots and trailers.
- Completed an average of 85 home entertainment titles and their associated multi-media campaign assets, each year, delivering 98% on time, four years running.
Digital Campaign Elements
Manager, Worldwide Creative Services, TV
WARNER BROTHERS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
2005 – 2008
- Responsible for TV franchises: One Tree Hill, The Closer, The George Lopez Show, Lois and Clark, Cheyenne, CHiPs, Lifetime Movies, NHL, SEC, MLB, and more
- Managed projects with creative agencies to ensure development of dozens of the best and most beloved properties the industry had to offer
- Applied brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, and other design elements appropriately to create cohesive franchise creative and brand equity
- Built strong relationships with cross-functional partners and third party approvers, partners, and talent
Manager, Creative Services
MGM CONSUMER PRODUCTS
2001 – 2005
- Managed creative projects for print and online, for MGM Consumer Products and location-based entertainment, including The Pink Panther, Rocky, 007, and other MGM franchises
- Produced the Pink Panther 40th Anniversary style guide for consumer products, establishing standards for brand and design consistency standards for product, advertising and collateral
- Produced presentations, product comps and samples for sales presentations to potential licensors
Assistant to the Publisher
VIDEO BUSINESS MAGAZINE
1998 – 2000
- Designed, and produced collateral & sales materials, for pitches, special sections and tip-ins
- Managed Video Business' trade show presence at two annual national events
- Tracked competitors’ advertising and client lists to inform sales and strategy
- Assisted the Publisher and sales team